We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy
Element3 Software Limited, the official developer of FileHound Document Management, is committed to ensuring your privacy is protected.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 2018 (the Act) and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 (PECR), the data controller is Element3 Software Limited, Caxton House, Watermark Way Hertford SG13 7TZ. (registration number 07308314).
This policy (together with our terms and conditions of website use and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. We keep certain basic information when you visit our website and recognise the importance of keeping that information secure and letting you know what we will do with it.
How do we collect information from you?
We collect information about you when you visit and use our website or enquire about our products or services. If you are a FileHound customer, we collect information about you as part of the product or service we provide you with and under a signed Service Agreement.
What type of information is collected from you?
The personal information we collect may include, among other information, personal contact information, email address, employment details including job title and function, identification numbers, unique IDs and IP addresses. Some of this data is collected directly, such as when you receive products and services from us and some data is collected indirectly via technologies such as cookies, error reports and usage data.
How is your information used?
We may use your information to:
- Process an order you have submitted;
- Carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into by you and us;
- Seek your views or comments about the product or service we provide you with;
- Notify you of changes to our products or services;
- Send you communications which you have requested or that may be of interest;
We review our data retention periods regularly and are required to keep certain data to fulfil our statutory and legal obligations. We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us.
Who has access to your information?
We share your personal data with your consent or as necessary to complete any transaction or provide any product or service you have requested or authorised. We also share data with Element3 & FileHound-controlled affiliates; with vendors and suppliers working on our behalf; when required to by law or to respond to legal process; to protect our customers; to protect lives; to maintain the security of Element3 & FileHound and its products; and to protect the rights or property of Element3 & FileHound.
Element3 & FileHound will not share your information for marketing purposes with third parties other than those working on behalf of FileHound. A list of third parties that have access to your information is available on request.
We like to send our customers information about products and services which may be of interest to you. You have a right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please email: email@example.com.
You have a right to request a copy of the information we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all your personal information, please contact the Data Protection Team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate. To amend your information please contact your FileHound Account Manager directly or email: email@example.com.
Notice to end users
Our products and services are intended for use by partners and organisations and are normally administered to you by our partner or your organisation. Your use of these products or services are subject to our partners or your organisation’s policies, where they exist.
- If our partner is administering your use of our products or services, please direct your privacy enquiries via your administrator to the partner.
- If your organisation is administering your use of our products or services, please direct your privacy enquiries to your administrator.
IP Addresses and Cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual and we will not collect personal information in this way.
We may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
How We Use The Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- To contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data.
You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Other important privacy information
Additional information on Element3 & FileHound’s approach to customer privacy can be found in your signed agreement with FileHound.
Review of this Policy